I am a seasoned web, marketing and communications professional with over 20 years of experience across a variety of mediums. My passion is to empower digital strategies with best-in-class technology across web, social, CRM, email and other interactive media.
Owner/Operator, ChromaKeySuit.com | 2018—present
- Acquired established eCommerce business that was faltering due to ownership losing interest.
- Transitioned web hosting and rebuilt site on WordPress/WooCommerce—and then 16 months later on Shopify—improving site performance and stability each time.
- Sourced new clothing manufacturer, lowering costs of goods while improving product quality.
- Performed keyword research and SEO to improve organic rankings for top search phrases.
- Grew organic traffic organic 3x, implemented a paid search strategy and increased site traffic over 10x.
- Annual sales have grown 652% and continue to climb.
Manager, Web Strategy
Henry Ford Health System | Detroit, MI | 2021
- Job title and employer change due to merger and acquisition. See below responsibilities and accomplishments.
Manager, Interactive Media
Henry Ford Allegiance Health | Jackson, MI | 2011—2021
- Empower digital marketing and communications strategies by developing and supporting best-in-class technologies across web, social, CRM, email, and other interactive media.
- Lead team of digital specialists supporting internal and external web properties and the organization’s overall online brand presence.
- Direct strategic vendor partnerships to augment in-house capacity and capability, including web design and development, paid search and social marketing, and online listing and reputation management.
- Oversee the integration of our content management system (Sitecore) with our customer relationship manager (Salesforce).
- Managed numerous, multi-year rebrand and replatform projects for the organization’s enterprise internal and external websites.
- Presented at the 2019 Health Care Internet Conference on best practices for merging enterprise websites.
- Envisioned and deployed a departmental collaboration platform, which completely digitized processes and resulted in dramatic staff engagement and productivity improvements.
Henry Ford Allegiance Health | Jackson, MI | 2007—2011
- Lead organization through Web site redesign and domain name transition
- Wrote and maintained browser-agnostic HTML, CSS and JS for five Web sites
- Implemented synchronized dev, stage and production environments
- Created ASPX templates and XSLTs using Visual Web Developer
- Increased our YSlow score over 30 points through code and server optimizations
- Implemented build script to concatenate and version CSS and JS
- Administrated IIS and SQL databases and performed CMS upgrades
- Coordinated 3rd party development and creative work
- Trained and advised CMS users
Web and Visual Communications
Spring Arbor University, Spring Arbor, MI | 2002—2007
- Part of nine-person marketing team managing University brand and identity
- Developed and advanced University’s external Web site
- Wrote standards compliant, semantic HTML and CSS
- Administrated Web site’s content and graphics via content management system
- Designed Web and print marketing collateral
- Built and executed Web site usability studies
- Collaborated with external agencies to develop marketing campaigns, execute publication photo shoots and improve Web site performance
Skills & Software
- Content management systems (Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal, Sharepoint, Squarespace, others)
- Customer relationship management (InfusionSoft, Salesforce)
- eCommerce systems (Shopify, WooCommerce)
- Workforce collaboration (Sharepoint, Podio, Basecamp, Slack, MS Teams)
- E-mail marketing (MailChimp, BananaTag, Shopify)
- Social media marketing and management (HootSuite, Buffer, native tools)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio, Merchant Center, Search Console, Ads
- HTML, CSS and JS
- Content marketing and strategy
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Keyword research and SEO
- Website content audit and migration
Spring Arbor University
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communications | 2002
- BA in Communications, with an emphasis on Professional Writing
- Individualized minor in visual communications
- Magna Cum Laude; Departmental honors; Alpha Kappa Sigma; Who’s Who
- 1st Place graphic design piece; Spring Arbor University art show – Spring 2002
- Electronic Publishing
- Copy Writing
- Writing for Magazines
- Copy Editing
- Communication Theory
- Communication Research
- Graphic Design II
- 2-D Design
- Design: Independent Study
- Color Theory
- Art History
- Photography I
- Photography II
- Advanced Photography
Available upon request