Web, marketing and communications professional with over 20 years of experience planning, building and managing enterprise websites. Strategic, process-oriented producer with a broad skill set and high capacity to understand and leverage technology. My passion is to empower digital strategies by creating compelling, intuitive user experiences on the web.
Skills & Expertise
- Content management systems (Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal, SharePoint, Squarespace, others)
- E-commerce systems (Shopify, WooCommerce)
- Workforce collaboration (SharePoint, Podio, Basecamp, Slack, MS Teams)
- Digital asset management
- Remote work and leadership
- Email marketing (Klavio, MailChimp, BananaTag, Shopify)
- Social media marketing and management (HootSuite, Falcon Social, Buffer, native tools)
- Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio, Merchant Center, Search Console, Ads
- HTML, CSS and JS + Visual Studio Code
- GitHub/Git version control
- Website content design and information architecture
- Keyword research and SEO
- Website content audits and migrations
- Content marketing and strategy
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Customer relationship management (Salesforce, InfusionSoft/Keap)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
MT Marketing Technology | 2022—present
- Founded a marketing technology company, initially focused on providing website design, hosting and maintenance for SMBs.
- Designed, built and launched a microsite for the rural health partnership between University of Minnesota Medical School and CentraCare, hitting an aggressive two-week timeline from initial conceptual phone call to launch. The project came in on-time and on-budget, exceeding client expectations.
ChromaKeySuit.com | 2018—present
- Acquired established, yet faltering, niche e-commerce business: ChromaKeySuit.com
- Transitioned web hosting and rebuilt site on WordPress/WooCommerce—and then 16 months later on Shopify—improving site performance and stability each time.
- Sourced a new clothing manufacturer, lowering costs of goods while improving product quality.
- Performed keyword research and SEO to improve organic rankings for top search phrases.
- Grew organic traffic 3x, implemented a paid search strategy and increased site traffic over 10x.
- Annual sales have grown 652% and continue to rise.
- Launched new name and brand—Sync—to accommodate future growth.
Manager, Web Strategy
Henry Ford Health System | Detroit, MI | 2021
- Job title and employer change due to merger and acquisition. See below responsibilities and accomplishments.
Manager, Interactive Media
Henry Ford Allegiance Health | Jackson, MI | 2011—2021
- Empowered digital marketing and communications strategies by developing and supporting best-in-class technologies across web, social, CRM, email, and other interactive media.
- Created and oversaw the execution of goals-aligned branding and growth strategies as part of MarCom and Web Services leadership teams. Comparing 2020 to 2019, HenryFord.com saw a 126% increase in unique sessions, 57% increase in overall traffic, 76% increase in engagement and 4% increase in transactions.
- Led team of digital specialists supporting enterprise web properties and the organization’s overall online brand presence. Managed remotely from 2012 onward.
- Directed strategic vendor partnerships to augment in-house capacity and capability, including web design and development, paid search and social marketing, and online listing and reputation management.
- Managed the integration of our content management system (Sitecore) with our customer relationship manager (Salesforce), resulting in near-real time data on marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Executed numerous, multi-year rebrand, replatform, merger and/or decommission projects for our internal and public websites.
- Presented on best practices for merging enterprise websites at the 2019 Healthcare Internet Conference.
- Envisioned and deployed a departmental collaboration platform, completely digitizing workflows and processes, dramatically increasing staff productivity and engagement.
- Launched an online reputation improvement initiative, garnering hundreds of positive reviews for strategic locations, resulting in a significant rise in local SEO rankings for key search terms.
- Drove the successful integration of two web teams due to organizational merger, leading to improved employee engagement and satisfaction.
Henry Ford Allegiance Health | Jackson, MI | 2007—2011
- Led organization through website redesign and domain name transition.
- Wrote and maintained standards-compliant HTML, CSS and JS for five websites.
- Implemented synchronized dev, stage and production environments.
- Improved our YSlow score over 30 points through code and server optimizations.
- Rewrote, managed and optimized website content.
- Administrated IIS and SQL databases and performed CMS software upgrades.
- Coordinated 3rd party development and creative work.
- Trained and advised CMS users.
Web and Visual Communications
Spring Arbor University | Spring Arbor, MI | 2002—2007
- Developed and enhanced the University’s public website.
- Wrote and maintained standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
- Administered website’s content and graphics via content management system.
- Designed web and print marketing collateral.
- Created and executed website usability studies.
- Collaborated with external agencies to develop marketing campaigns, execute publication photo shoots and improve website performance.
The Odin Project | 2022—present
- Open source, full-stack web developer curriculum.
- On track to complete the Foundations course fall 2023.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communications
Spring Arbor University | 2002
- BA in Communications, with an emphasis on Professional Writing.
- Individualized minor in visual communications.
- Relevant coursework: Electronic Publishing, Copywriting, Writing for Magazines, Copy Editing, Communication Theory, Communication Research, Graphic Design II, 2-D Design, Design: Independent Study, Color Theory, Art History, Photography I, Photography II, Photojournalism and Advanced Photography.