I was told I would be sleepy and sore

After fielding a couple wisdom tooth horror stories the past few weeks, I started thinking maybe I wasn’t taking the whole thing seriously enough. Then I talked to Otis yesterday and he said his weren’t really a big deal. So, that helped restore me to complete confidence that I wouldn’t suffer much pain and inconvenience.

And that’s the way it’s been. Most everyone I talked to said I’d be super sleepy and just want to go to bed when I got back home–that’d I’d likely sleep in the car ride even. Nope. I was a little groggy for maybe 15-20 minutes… but even when Sherry was in the drug store for like 20 minutes, I just looked at some Toledo-area parks and recreation map.

Spent the rest of the day just hanging out with Sher. Watched some Sports Center, some J-TV cooking show, e-mailed a bit, watched “The Office” season 1 (very funny show), ate a smoothie and some chicken noodle soup. Pretty much life as normal.

So, once again, prayers are coming to pass. My small group prayed it would be a very uneventful experience; I think that is what Jason prayed for at staff meeting as well. And it’s what I was praying for. I prayed the Lord would loosen the teeth ahead of time. Who knows if they were extra loose or not… but I know they aren’t sore… so that suggests something.

Thanks to any and everyone who lifted me up. I appreciate it.

By Joel Maust

Joel Maust is a marketer, blogger and photographer living in the beautiful Flathead Valley of northwest Montana.

4 replies on “I was told I would be sleepy and sore”

If you like “The Office”, then you need to get on the “Arrested Development” train! I enjoy both shows and “My Name is Earl”.

Glad to hear that things went well.

Hurrah for no Nathan-horror stories! Sorry to hear you got dry socket brother. Sounds painful from what I’ve read.

And Krista… I’m sorry. I’m just not going to be a Arrested Development convert. I’m so removed from TV–besides sports–that I can’t imagine what live with it is like.

Hey Joel – I’m glad your surgery went well. Maybe they were totally loose and the dentist didn’t even need any tools! He just reached in and pulled them out! I didn’t get dry socket, but I’m still pretty messed up. I woke up this morning, three days from the surgery, and my face was swollen more than ever. My oral surgeon cut into my upper gum, got up in there, and realized he couldn’t get the tooth, so he gave up. I’m having jaw surgery in July, so he’s going to just get it then. Fortunately, I have about 12 meds left, and one refill – hopefully, that will pull me through! Take care – and thanks for staying in touch.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *